Academy of Technical Training
The Academy of Technical Training was established on the basis and principles of providing excellent path to success and professionalism. The plans and professional steps were streamlined to achieve our principles with the aim to be one of the leading institutions in the area of training at all levels, state level, the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council, Arab and European countries.
The Academy of Technical Training is a national institution which aims to provide a new vision to serve the areas of training programs theory and practical in various aviation fields such as: aviation security and safety, air traffic control, management of aircraft accidents, etc. The curriculum and courses are accredited and certified by the General Civil Aviation Authority of U.A.E.
The Academy provides professional training from basic to advanced levels with refresher and orientation courses. All courses are conducted to the highest standards and in accordance with industry standards.
The Academy has a number of highly qualified instructors, drawing on distinguished University Professors as guest instructors, and is fully equipped with the latest training aids (overhead projectors and screens, whiteboards, etc).
The Academy recommends to potential students courses that are of the greatest benefit to them, depending on their skills and experience as well as the career path they wish to follow. The Academy will not recommend a course if it is believed the student will be unable to maintain a satisfactory level of learning which can potentially result in failure and be of little benefit to the student.
At the end of each course, students are awarded a certificate of completion that also indicates their level of achievement and attendance level.
In accordance with the Academy mission statement and philosophy, the Academy of Technical Training is committed to the following objectives:
- To motivate, educate, and develop students to their maximum potential while enrolled in the offered technical courses.
- To maintain all instruction in a job-related environment to ensure participants the greatest potential for employment in the occupational fields for which they are trained.
- To offer dedicated and qualified instructors that provide the tools of learning which will enhance each student future success.
- To create an atmosphere for learning that is both personal and practical, while in a academy that is friendly and informative.
- To establish high standards of education and training in order to maintain corporate satisfaction among the business community for the academy graduates.
- To develop and effectively deliver educational and training programs for participants including professional technical courses, short courses, seminar workshops and conferences.
An excellent selection of aviation books and related publications are available in our reference Library. Modern teaching methods are employed using whiteboards, overhead projectors and screens, computer compatible projectors, visual aids, educational videos and computer stations for our students.
All courses are taught in English, unless the student desires otherwise. The Academy has the ability to instruct courses in Arabic or in any other language if the demand is great enough. Courses are conducted in the classrooms at the Academy, however some practical exercises are carried out at the airport, in the desert, at sea and in the mountains.
The Academy gives students an entry test to determine their understanding and proficiency in their chosen field, and the level of study they are able to take.
At the end of each course, students are encouraged to complete an assessment form. This allows the Academy to evaluate the instructor’s performance as well as the performance of the Academy as a whole and look for areas of improvement.